Making the world a better place, one show at a time.

My photo
Washington, DC, United States
I guess you would like to know a little bit about the person making all these proclamations upon good taste and horrid characters. I'm Andrea and when I was 15 I fell in love. An hour after meeting "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" I was forever altered in the way only love can, and I never questioned for one minute afterwards that television offered me an amazing chance to experience lives and moments that I could never imagine. So now, when I'm not getting distracted by my real life, I write about TV. I also read, am finishing a Master's degree in English Literature, travel, am attempting to learn vegan cooking, am the 5th of 6 children, and drive my roommate nuts by constantly cleaning our already clean apartment. Now that we're old friends, time for you to take my opinions as the be all and end all.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fringe: Mr. Abrams, You Do Not Disappoint Me (This Time)

3.13 "Immortality"

Even though I haven't posted on this season yet (because I'm LAZY, which I have to keep saying to the universe so maybe I change my ways), I have been genuinely happy with it so far.  I love the alternate universe, have really enjoyed the back and forth between cases over here and over there, the dance scene in "Marionette" was one of the creepiest things ever on TV, and watching week by week as Olivia's misery breaks through her stoicism is heart-wrenching.

So I say this not out of any snarkiness: even though we knew from the off that Fauxlivia was going to get pregnant with Peter's universe-defining baby, I still lept up off my couch when her delicate condition was revealed in Friday's episode.

In short: Walter is trying to make himself smarter to combat Walternate, the universe that will survive depends on which Peter picks to spare, Peter may or may not be in his right mind but is at least conflicted about his alliances, Fauxlivia is pregnant and while Walternate insisted that he will not experiment on children in order to "save" his world, his terrifying smile when he said "grandchild" to Fauxlivia shows that he fully intends on using her and her child to get Peter back over there.

And who will end up paying for all of this? Olivia of course.

Well, I don't know that for sure, but history indicates that even though Olivia was the one who got kidnapped, cheated on, brainwashed, and experimented on, she is going to be the one who has to suck it up and save everyone else.

Good thing she's resourceful and determined!

The TV Girl

No comments: