Making the world a better place, one show at a time.

My photo
Washington, DC, United States
I guess you would like to know a little bit about the person making all these proclamations upon good taste and horrid characters. I'm Andrea and when I was 15 I fell in love. An hour after meeting "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" I was forever altered in the way only love can, and I never questioned for one minute afterwards that television offered me an amazing chance to experience lives and moments that I could never imagine. So now, when I'm not getting distracted by my real life, I write about TV. I also read, am finishing a Master's degree in English Literature, travel, am attempting to learn vegan cooking, am the 5th of 6 children, and drive my roommate nuts by constantly cleaning our already clean apartment. Now that we're old friends, time for you to take my opinions as the be all and end all.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Random Comment/Joyous News: Southland

Nothing like awesome news to get me out of my illness and medication induced shell. TNT has made a super brilliant move and picked up Southland, the fantastic show that NBC (otherwise here known as "those douches") decided to not air for a second season.

Those douches get the name those douches not (only) for canceling a well-structured, well-acted, and immensely engaging show, since shows do get cancelled. Those douches are those douches because first they decided to do some format tweaking, then they pushed back the premier date, and then for no apparent reason the show was simply not going to air. Those douches had a chance to air some wonderful television and instead they treated it with less respect than their bottom feeding dating shows. It is understandable that a network would bail on goodness, but do so with some dignity.

TNT is going to air the first season, all 7 episodes, and the produced episodes of the second season, 6 so far, and depending on the rating will decide if we are going to be blessed with more. It is going to be like Christmas in January!

The TV Girl

No comments: