Making the world a better place, one show at a time.

My photo
Washington, DC, United States
I guess you would like to know a little bit about the person making all these proclamations upon good taste and horrid characters. I'm Andrea and when I was 15 I fell in love. An hour after meeting "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" I was forever altered in the way only love can, and I never questioned for one minute afterwards that television offered me an amazing chance to experience lives and moments that I could never imagine. So now, when I'm not getting distracted by my real life, I write about TV. I also read, am finishing a Master's degree in English Literature, travel, am attempting to learn vegan cooking, am the 5th of 6 children, and drive my roommate nuts by constantly cleaning our already clean apartment. Now that we're old friends, time for you to take my opinions as the be all and end all.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

How I Met Your Mother (7): No Way!

My title pretty much sums up my feelings about this episode.

Sarah Chalke cannot be the Mother! Can she? I would adore it if she is, but it cannot be a real possibility. Can it?

Before not answering that question, since I am incapable of doing so, I am going to point out something. Maybe everyone else already saw this, and it has been in the back of my mind for a while now, but I find it odd that Ted is so determined to “find the one” and plan his future, and yet he is terrified of commitment. Agreeing to go to a wedding six months in the future causes him to break-up with Stella, so I wonder if Ted has every really asked himself if he is qualified to be a husband.

Well, he thinks he is because he proposed to Stella. It was apparent what was going to happen, but I am still kind of shocked. Even though it is a wonderful way to set up the next season, (and I maybe think that she is going to say yes) I just don’t know how to feel about it.

Also odd that Ted’s snapshots of the people he loves were all painful moments. Arguments and break-up is not how I want to remember my loved ones moments before I die. Minor quibble.

And even though it took being run over by a truck while running to the hospital, Barney has his friends, and his bros, back. This is awesome, no doubt about it.

Oh, yah, and Barney is in love with Robin. This is, of course, the miracle. As endearing as his bright-eye existential optimism is, Marshall's examples were timing and luck.

How I Met Your Mother is changing. Next season will tell us if it is growing or festering. (My money is on growing.)

The TV Girl

No comments: