Making the world a better place, one show at a time.

My photo
Washington, DC, United States
I guess you would like to know a little bit about the person making all these proclamations upon good taste and horrid characters. I'm Andrea and when I was 15 I fell in love. An hour after meeting "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" I was forever altered in the way only love can, and I never questioned for one minute afterwards that television offered me an amazing chance to experience lives and moments that I could never imagine. So now, when I'm not getting distracted by my real life, I write about TV. I also read, am finishing a Master's degree in English Literature, travel, am attempting to learn vegan cooking, am the 5th of 6 children, and drive my roommate nuts by constantly cleaning our already clean apartment. Now that we're old friends, time for you to take my opinions as the be all and end all.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Prison Break (7): The Universe Conspired Against Me

Yesterday in my post about House I made a confession, and included in that confession I mentioned how in the Fall of 2007 I had been watching Chuck instead of Prison Break. Two events induced me to tune in last night. The first is, of course, the Writer’s Strike. There is a limited amount of new programming on nowadays, so why not watch a show that I would have been following anyway, if not for Chuck? (Tangent: if the schedule change on The C.W. is permanent, then Prison Break, Chuck, and Gossip Girl will all air Mondays at 7pm. This could compound my already numerous problems.) The second event has to do with a friend of mine. One of my oldest and dearest friends moved to Los Angeles in October. She is an immensely talented actress, and I have no doubt that she will be unbelievably successful. She calls me every couple days to tell me who she’s seen/run-in-to/met. She calls me to tell me about the lesser famous people that I know about from my ridiculously avid TV watching. On Sunday I received a message from her saying that she met Wentworth Miller. If you’re a woman with a pulse, I don’t think I need to explain the extent to which I freaked-out. (According to her he is really nice.) It was marveling over her good fortune that made me think about the fact that a new episode would be airing the next day. Last night a 7pm I settled in to my cosmically mandated viewing.

Since the last episode I saw was the season premier I didn’t know many of the characters, or why the Company wants Michael (Wentworth Miller) to break this guy named Whistler (Chris Vance) out of Sona, the Panamanian prison. The episode hinged on some “coordinates” Whistler needs to hand over to this season’s Company representative, who is holding his girlfriend hostage. Lincoln (Dominic Purcell) has obviously fallen for said girlfriend, and the Company is still holding his son L.J. (Marshall Allman) hostage as well. This is what I pieced together as Michael readjusted his escape plan to account for the unexpected rain, and T-Bag (Robert Knepper) attempted (and succeeded) to undermine that plan.

Something I realized based on pieces of the conversations is the very real possibility that Sara (Sarah Wayne Callies), who was taken hostage with L.J. in the season premier, is dead. My mission is now to catch up with this show, however I can, however long it takes, because I need to know if this is true, and if it is, how it came to pass.

I forgot how addictive this show is and it caught me again. But I had no choice, the universe told me to watch.

The TV Girl

2 comments:

Kay Pea said...

did A really meet him? where? on the street? at an audition?

The TV Girl said...

I haven't gotten the whole story since I didn't have a phone when I found out, but our girl isn't a liar, so she met him. The envy in my heart is indescribable. I am calling her this weekend to get every detail.