Making the world a better place, one show at a time.

My photo
Washington, DC, United States
I guess you would like to know a little bit about the person making all these proclamations upon good taste and horrid characters. I'm Andrea and when I was 15 I fell in love. An hour after meeting "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" I was forever altered in the way only love can, and I never questioned for one minute afterwards that television offered me an amazing chance to experience lives and moments that I could never imagine. So now, when I'm not getting distracted by my real life, I write about TV. I also read, am finishing a Master's degree in English Literature, travel, am attempting to learn vegan cooking, am the 5th of 6 children, and drive my roommate nuts by constantly cleaning our already clean apartment. Now that we're old friends, time for you to take my opinions as the be all and end all.

Friday, April 18, 2008

30 Rock (8): I Really Never Noticed Just How Pigeon-Toed Tina Fay Is.

Okay, “MILF Island” was just a misstep (or I just missed something, because other people really liked that episode), and the 30 Rockers are back on track.

So if I write in “God” on my ballot this fall, it will count as a vote for the Republican Presidential candidate? Sweet! You can watch only The Food Network and still have opinions about campaign finance reform? Double sweet! This is the genius of 30 Rock; the complete mockery of political views/lifestyles goes both ways.

The best moment has to go to Tracey correcting Jack’s diction, changing “Blackmericans” to “Black Americans.” This story line might give Alicia Keys more fuel for her nonsensical ramblings, but since Jack conceded that even the prestige of Tracey will not sway the majority of black voters to join the GOP, she should sleep a little easier.

The second best moment goes to Dennis attempting to throw Liz in front of a train in order to save her and be a hero again (and methinks be able to wear that amazing porkpie hat again). Part of my heart believes that Dennis and Liz deserve each other. If you are willing to even consider being in a relationship which is analogous to freezing to death, then I cannot see a lot of hope for rehabilitating your self-esteem enough to the point where a better guy would be willing to give you a chance. Of course I want better for Liz, but could the woman try, even the slightest bit?

The TV Girl

No comments: