Making the world a better place, one show at a time.

My photo
Washington, DC, United States
I guess you would like to know a little bit about the person making all these proclamations upon good taste and horrid characters. I'm Andrea and when I was 15 I fell in love. An hour after meeting "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" I was forever altered in the way only love can, and I never questioned for one minute afterwards that television offered me an amazing chance to experience lives and moments that I could never imagine. So now, when I'm not getting distracted by my real life, I write about TV. I also read, am finishing a Master's degree in English Literature, travel, am attempting to learn vegan cooking, am the 5th of 6 children, and drive my roommate nuts by constantly cleaning our already clean apartment. Now that we're old friends, time for you to take my opinions as the be all and end all.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

How I Met Your Mother (8): FINALLY!

The fact that we have know since the Pilot that Robin is not Ted’s future wife makes it completely okay that I am so excited about the Barney/Robin hook-up. Barney and Robin have always seen like a natural pair to me; their outlooks are similar, she would not be fooled into expecting anything for him, he actually respects her and sees her as a human being. Barney comforting her and making her realize that Simon was a total douche kind of indicates that he has a tiny-tiny heart, but lets hope not enough of one to ruin the show. I cannot wait to see how this plays out.

Less exciting, “Revertigo” is kind of my worst nightmare. (Does that made up word make you think Marshall doesn’t know what Vertigo actually is?) Isn’t this kind of why we let people fall out of our lives? After a while the time between when we established our patterns of behavior and our current circumstances is just too distant. As another of my friends approaches his wedding, I have been thinking about this a lot. I did love getting a glimpse of what Ted and Lily were like in high school, which is radically different from what they were like at the beginning of college.

And let me not forego mentioning the phenomenal performance by one Mr. James Van Der Beek. The total lameness of Simon as a human being (living at home, still thinking he could be a rock star, ill-fitting cargo pants) was made all the better by the beautifully self-mocking casting.

Brilliant brilliant episode.

The TV Girl

2 comments:

Kay Pea said...

can you watch all the season online?

The TV Girl said...

You used to be able to, but now it is only the current episode and the previous week on either CBS.com or Hulu.com. It is sucky. But with what remains of your funemployment, you could easily get through seasons one and two.